CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wandering Around Williamsburg

We're BAAACK!!! We've been sadly absent from the blogosphere for the last 2 weeks because we've been busy! Grandpa and Grandma came to visit (and Grandpa had to do a little work) and we took a trip to Williamsburg, VA. We had a spectacular time! Here we are before the road trip eating yummy cinnamon rolls and laughing at our awesome G-pa:Did you know these luggage carts were fun to ride on? We had a blast strolling around the hotel!
We spent our first day at Colonial Williamsburg. If you haven't been there, you definitely should go! Here's Mommy in front of the Courthouse:
Felicity: Check out my official mob cap! We each got one to wear and it helped us to feel like official eighteenth-century ladies:
Hmmm...I don't know Gramps. I think the hat looks cuter on me!
It was definitely a scorcher outside, but we were able to enjoy all of the sites snug inside of our sweet ride. Isn't the Governor's Palace beautiful?
Elyse: Why, good day ladies! Aren't you warm??? Those dresses seem like a lot to wear on such a hot day! But I must say I do love your hats! Particularly fashionable if I do say so myself.
Felicity: I think I would have been an excellent town-crier. Here I am practicing: "The Red Coats are coming! The Red Coats are coming! The Red Coats are coming!"
No time for pictures, Grandma! I have a job to do.
"The Red Coats are coming! The Red Coats are coming! The Red Coats are COMING!" Is there anyone out there? Apparently the people of Williamsburg aren't that concerned about the Red Coats these days. Humph.

More pics of our trip to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Amy! You have such fun comments to go along with th pictures. You really captured the spirit of the day!! Miss you all already! Thanks for the GREAT time! Grandma B

melissa o said...

Oh man, I love that picture of Felicity with her finger in the air. Sooooo cute!

Ashley said...

yeah, how fun