CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Our 3 Year Celebration Sensation!

After a wonderful stay at the hotel swimming and eating lots of yummy junk food, we set off to celebrate our 3rd birthday My Little Pony style.

From me to you and you to me: Happy birthday sweet sister, I love you.
We are a dynamic duo. What a great 3 years of sisterhood. Here's to many more!
Unfortunately, the bakery we went to did not have My Little Pony cakes. Serious bummer (especially to our OCD birthday-party-loving Mommy who almost brought our pony decorations back so that we could have cakes that went with the theme. One word: Insane.). We were very happy with our second choice of each having our own princess cake.
Elyse: I chose Belle because I love her the best.
Felicity: I chose Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) because of the striking resemblance.
We also had a cake (in the middle) with writing to feed the rest of the party-goers because we insisted that we'd need to eat our own princess cakes:
It's a little hard to see here, but Mommy turned our dining room light fixture into a My Little Pony carousel. She's pretty silly!
We had lots of fun pony stuff everywhere. Mommy took us to the party store and let us pick out whatever theme we wanted this year. We loved deciding to go with My Little Ponies and she let us get pretty much everything the party store carried. She's such a sucker.
We were very patient waiting to open our presents and had loads of fun wearing our Pony Girl hats and Princess of the Party tiaras. Yes, we did make Daddy and Grandpa wear Princess of the Party tiaras (after MUCH protest). Mommy made a way to make them the Prince of the Party and they were mildly appeased (and later forgot the humiliation altogether when the Packers reigned victorious and head to the Superbowl. Jan. 23, 2011 was a great day for everyone in our house!).
We were so blessed with many spectacular presents. In case you are curious, our main staples of presents were My Little Pony Ponyville sets, Littlest Pet Shops, and Strawberry Shortcake and friends. Oooo! The fun, fun, fun we are having in our house!
Belle may have looked pretty on my cake, but she tastes even better!
Birthday cake is de-li-cious!
Can you believe we are already 3 years old?
Our awesome neighbors celebrated with us and brought us the coolest log cabin to go with our new dollhouse from Christmas. We were so excited to be able to spend our birthday with our friends (and their puppy, Juniper, whom we love dearly!).
The joy of birthdays and excitement of presents is almost too much. My face is going to burst from smiling so much!
One of the biggest moments of the day was when we got a very special present from Grandpa and Grandma: Strider Glider Bikes!! They are balance bikes that you learn to balance on and then we can go straight to big bikes after these (and never have to use training wheels). We had so much fun trying them out:
Being the daredevil in the crowd, I was ready to take off at break-neck speed. Watch out world! Here I come!
Felicity: I really don't like this helmet. Do I have to wear it? Well, I'm not happy about it.
Elyse: Look at me go!
All in all it was a wonderful, spectacular, marvelous day filled with more fun than we could have imagined. It is so hard to believe we are little girls now who have a baby sister!
Just think, three years ago we were so tiny, growing strong in the NICU. Now, we are silly, vibrant, crazy girlies who love to drive our parents to the brink of insanity. We have been through every single moment of our lives together and wouldn't trade it for the world. Our family is blessed beyond measure and we are so thankful for the past 3 years. Here's to many more!!

I love you, my sweet sister.
I love you too, my best friend.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks for all the birthday fun! It was great to be there for the celebration. Love to all of you!

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday Girls! Looks like you had a fantastic celebration!
Love,
The Graham's

Ashley said...

I cannot believe how big they are getting and how beautiful!!! Happy Birthday girls!