CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Yee Haw! A First Birthday Bash!

Oink! Baa! Moo! Neigh! It's Charity's First Birthday!Beware, folks! There are lots of pics of the big barnyard bash (and Mommy didn't even take her usual pictures of all of the party decor details--imagine that!).

I'm enjoying candy corn in little mason jars that Mommy gave everyone for favors (with Charity's pic on the top of them with white and red gingham lids).Mommy and Daddy can't believe that Charity's first birthday is already here!
We had so many wonderful guests enjoying the party with us. This is our wonderful Anna and her pals. Anna's sister brought Charity a VERY popular gift--the trampoline! Charity the jumping bean loves it.
This is the pic mommy used on my invites. I look like a little farmer, don't you think?
Speaking of a farmer, Grandpa had the greatest farm outfit just for the day. He looked just like he came off of the real Butcher farm!
Hmmm...what is this?
I better investigate...
Oh yes, it is delicious! Yum, yum.
Mommy bought me Georgetown Cupcakes (a local favorite and a TV show) and they were wonderful per usual. We love Georgetown Cupcake and were very happy to share them with our friends.
Here, Daddy, you try some...
Grandpa and Grandma sure came ready for a real hoedown. We all had so much fun down on the farm!
Ok guys. That's enough picture taking. (But Mommy and Daddy had to have a pic with the birthday girl!)
Howdy, partner; I'm farmer Elyse!
You can't quite tell here, but Mommy made our little bandana flowers for our overalls to add a special girly touch.
What a fun day it was! We love being silly with Grandma!
Here is just a taste of some of the decorations. A 12-month banner of Charity's first year:The food table:

The dessert table:


The sweets table with four delicious varieties of Georgetown Cupcake (...once again, YUM!), homemade white chocolate lollipops, bandana wrapped candies, mason jars with candy corn, Cow Tales, and just a general overload of sugar:(Sadly, Mommy didn't get a pic of the drink table, the awesome bandana banner that said "Happy Birthday Charity," the farmer pics of Charity throughout the house, or the decorations outside...she will hunt down some of those pics from someone else and hopefully show them to you soon!).

5 comments:

Lynnea said...

I see that Charity has inherited her mother's love of all things FROSTED! :)

(Insert memories of devouring abandoned cake at UST...)

adam and andrea said...

Happy Birthday Charity!!! What a great party!

Grandma Beck said...

That party was just great!! What a celebration! I'm so glad I got to come! Thanks for blogging Amy! We appreciate it!

Amy said...

Lynnea, LOVED that memory. Laughed, laughed, laughed when I recalled it. It seems I have passed my love of frosting on to all three of my girls. I just hope they have a great friend like you to share covert frosting-stealing moments with them! :)

Ashley said...

So precious. I cannot believe how big the girls are all getting. Happy Birthday Charity, your mom always knows how to throw a great party!