Felicity: Let me tell you a little tale. So we had a great-uncle (and he sadly passed away) who had this amazing Santa Bear collection (it's too long to go into now, but Santa Bears are from Dayton's which then became Marshall Field's which is now Macy's...and they were really cool and a Minnesota staple...and like I said, too long to explain here) but anyways, this year we were lucky enough to get part of the collection. Santa Bear went on lots of adventures (into space, across the world, became a cook, a magician, a ski instructor...the list goes on) and he also met a pretty bear named Miss Bear. Then, he married Miss Bear and she became Mrs. Santa Bear--and if you're wondering, they had a beautiful wedding and she got a big ring. Then one year, the Santa Bears had twins! Just like us! But not like us because they had a girl and a boy. So here is a picture of the Santa Bear family with the twins in their front carriers. Yes, they are just that cute!
When I first discovered this cute little bear family, I thought to myself, "wow, a cute little bear family! But why, oh why, do these little bears have my pacifier? And why, oh why can't I get the pacifiers away from them? Stubborn little bears..." And so, this nice little Santa Bear tale ends with me trying to steal the baby bears' pacifiers. Ahhh...pacifier thief strikes again!
Elyse: While Felicity is busy stealing pacifiers (at least she's leaving mine alone for the time being), I'm busy doing important things like helping Daddy with a little business: "Yes, that's right, I have a nap scheduled at one, a playdate at 3, dinner at 6...I know, I know, so busy! What's a girl to do!...
Um, Dad, I'm still working here...I see that we've got to enter receipts, balance the budget...Dad, are you paying attention? We've got work to do!...




3 comments:
Your tree is fabulous and I can't believe you got some of the Santa Bears.
So glad you got the Santa Bears. Your girls will have fun with them over the years. Can't wait for Christmas--praying for good weather! Keep up the good work Elyse! Keep tabs on that dad of yours! Love to all, Grandma B
Okay you are great at blogging...I need to include more info in mine! Maybe it is the enthusiasm. Definitely hard work! Amy, you have done awesome!
Post a Comment