We had the most fabulous Easter party this weekend! The bad news: it rained. Wouldn't you know that the only day ALL week that it rained was Saturday (and then it stopped by about 3 pm...just after our party ended)...but that didn't stop us, no siree! We had to modify the party plans, but our mom, she's a tricky one she is, and she had a multi-part back-up plan all set to go. The good news: we had a great crowd in spite of the rain--14 adults and 13 littles!
The Greats sent us this beautiful flower arrangement and it looked just beautiful on the brunch table:

This is the brunch table post-mass consumption. (Mom was too busy to snap a pic during the party).

Here we are eating some yummy brunch food with Daddy. Mmm, mmm, good!

We had such a splendid time celebrating with our friends! We played a game, hunted for eggs, ate delicious food, played with lots of toys, and had a great time celebrating that Jesus lives!

Felicity: Let me tell you a quick little story. You might be wondering why it looks like a sabre tooth tiger stuck its teeth in my forehead. Well, it all started on the playground. I tripped and before you knew it, I was dropping it like it was hot, meeting the sidewalk with my head. No fun, but really it's just two scratches. I am fine, it just looks worse than it is! And that folks, is the end of my story.

This is my sweet friend and she was sharing her eggs with me. I just love her!

Elyse: To help with the small (or HUGE) rain problem, Mom had all of the kiddos play downstairs, do a game, and read an Easter story while lots of our dads hid the eggs around the main floor of the house. Although it wasn't our nice fenced-in back yard, it worked! Here I am gathering eggs (there were about 300 eggs around our house!!):

Hmmm...what is inside of this egg? Candy? Yes!! It's candy!! Wait, do I know what candy is? Can I eat candy? Who cares! I'm going to taste it anyways!

The big kids (big meaning over age 1 1/2) found lots of eggs and thoroughly enjoyed the hunt. Mom stuffed all of the eggs with candy and stickers and our kitchen and living room were a treasure trove of sweet and sticky treats! Everyone left with a bounty of eggs galore!

Although the weather wasn't ideal, we made do with what we had and what we had was a splendid time with many new friends. Who needs nice weather for that? Not us!
3 comments:
Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Glad you are making some new friends. Happy Easter!! Will send pictures of our egg hunt! Love, Grandma B
Wow! What a great party! 300 eggs!! Too bad the weather didn't cooperate, but I'm glad you were able to have a great time anyway. It looks like lots and lots of fun!
HEy I am sorry about the little boo boos! You need to check out my tutu blog and get these girls a tutu! They are cheap!!!! Ava loves hers!!!
Post a Comment