CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 3, 2009

On the mend

Some of you may be wondering how we're doing...we'll say that we've been better, but we are on the mend and that is the good news. Last week was a tough one on us and our mom. We were all sick and our house had a general feeling of sickly gloominess that was hanging over it. However, with a beautiful day today and less congestion than last week, we are quite happy to be feeling better and really think we've turned the corner!

One of the things that has been so hard throughout this run with RSV is that the steroids we're on make us "jittery" (as the nurse put it). Really, this just means that while feeling all-together yucky, we were bounce-bounce-bouncing off of the walls at the same time. This was both a surreal and exhausting endeavor for us and our parents (so they tell us!).

On one of our more sickly of days, we just HAD to get out of the house, so we went outside for a little fresh air (and our mom was hoping we'd burn off some of our craziness!). What a perfect time to try out our new climbing gym! Even though we were sick, we just loved it! Here we are discovering the door to fun together:Felicity: Even though I was excited to play outside, I was still feeling yucky, but who says you can't take a quick cat-nap on picnic table? Made me feel better in no time!
Elyse: Mom, this may be our first time on the climber, but I'm not exactly in the mood for pictures! Can't you wait until I don't have puffy eyes and a runny nose?
Felicity: Okay, Elyse, if I let you through this door, you have to promise to do everything I say...
Elyse! You're not doing what I said! You have to let me go down the slide first! I'm outta here!

As we continue to feel better, we look forward to many more days playing outside! Thanks for all of your prayers and well-wishes! We appreciate it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are all feeling better!! What a great climbing gym you have--where did your mom and dad get that? Hope to talk to you soon--love to all! Grandma B

Grandma Butcher said...

I, too, am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. I am pretty sure that your illness cast a shadow over my house too as I have thought of you and prayed for you all each day. Life just isn't right if you don't feel well. I truly hope that you will just get to feeling better and better. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.

Katie said...

they are growing so much! and are super cute! i hope you guys are doing great.

adam and andrea said...

So glad everyone is feeling better! I'm glad the weather was nice so you could get outside!!