CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

We have recently returned from a fabulous weekend behind the Cheddar Curtain visiting our very large extended family on our daddy's side. It was so much fun to see everyone and celebrate America's birthday!! God Bless America!

Of course we had special outfits for the big party on the Fourth. With our names on our shirts, no one got us confused!There are way too many fun things to do on this farm to get stuck taking pictures! Sit still? No way!
In case you were wondering, F is for Felicity!
This is our cousin Jovie. We're very close in age and had so much fun playing all weekend. We miss her already!
Elyse: Come on Grandma! I've got lots of things to show you over here...there are endless places to explore in the country. We just love it at the farm!
This is our friend Daisy. She is the most friendly doggie and we wished we could take her home. It just makes us super excited for when we get to have our own dog (in a few years).
Elyse: How do you expect a girl to sleep with fireworks right outside her window? I just loved sitting with Grandma and Grandpa (from MN)
to watch the fireworks. They were so beautiful. If I had not sworn a secret oath to not, under serious penalty, tell you what our Mommy was doing during the fireworks, I would tell you. But since I can't tell you...well, I won't. Sorry! And if you try to make me, I'll just plead the 5th. And then, I will lawyer-up. I know a good one, you know.
There was tons of playing all weekend. Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma (from WI), we had TONS of fabulous toys to play with inside, outside, and everywhere! We had a blast playing with everything!
Take note: we all color-coordinate. A mistake? Ha! Haven't you learned anything from this blog, people? These careful wardrobe choices are not by accident!
With over 100 people at the big picnic, we still made lots of time to spend with each other. What can we say? Just two patriotic peas-in-a-pod.

Happy Birthday America! We are proud to call you home!

2 comments:

Kate said...

What a great family photo!! Amy you look great! Love the girls shirts, so cute!! Glad you had fun. The girls are looking so grown up.

Ashley said...

I love those shirts, where did you get them?